Header Image for Llwchwr Town Council

Memorial Monument

Memorial Monument Memorial Monument

This monument was built to remember the men of Loughor (Llwchwr on the monument) who fell in the Great War 1914-1918.

The monument is located on a round about in the middle of the road, at a junction formed between Corporation Road and Glebe Road.

It was unveiled on May 14th, 1927 by Vice Admiral Henege-Vivian and a memorial service is held once per year on Armastice day.

A plaque was later added to the plinth supporting the monument to commemorate the 2nd World War 1939-1945.

A plaque