Assistant Caretaker Post
LLWCHWR TOWN COUNCIL
RELIEF CARETAKER-WELFARE HALL, LOUGHOR
Salary: UK’s National Living Wage-£8.72 an hour.
Duties can include cleaning, security, taking bookings and minor maintenance and repair-a full Job Description is available from the Clerk.
Applicants should preferably live within a reasonable distance from the Hall, have home or mobile phone, be physically fit, and be able to deal with the public.
Please apply in writing giving personal details, previous work experience and any qualifications together with the names of two referees to:
Mr N.G.Havard, Clerk to the Council
30, Huntingdon Way
Tel. 01792-419121 or e mail: email@example.com
Closing date for Applications is 15th April 2020
JOB DESCRIPTION - RELIEF CARETAKER
Duties and Responsibilities-to provide cover for the Caretaker at the Welfare Hall,Woodlands Road, Loughor on the occasions of the Caretaker’s absence through holidays,sickness or other reasons.
Duties will depend on whether the cover is short term ie 3 weeks or less or long term.
The following duties and responsibilities will apply to short term cover:
- General care, maintenance and cleaning of the Hall
- Opening and closing the Hall for the users of the Hall including the carrying out of the necessary seating/table arrangements for each user
- To report to the Clerk of the Council any issues of whatsoever description
- At all times to be responsible for the keys to the Hall and under no circumstances whatsoever to release or lend or permit the use of same by any user of the Hall
- To carry out all other duties as reasonably required by the Council
If long term cover is required then the following additional duties will apply:
- To be the principal contact of the Council in respect of the administration of bookings of the Hall
- To collect takings/cash from each user and report to the Clerk
- To actively seek appropriate training eg manual handling
- If required to attend an appraisal by the Clerk
- To carry out any duties generally required by the Council in respect of its Annual Dinner, Awards Evening and Cawl a Chan and under no circumstances to be absent from any of these events without the express approval of the Council
The salary will be the hourly rate currently paid under the UK’s National Living Wage (at present £8.72 an hour).
- The person appointed should ideally live in the vicinity of the Welfare Hall in order to properly carry out their duties.
- Be physically fit
- Have home landline telephone and/or mobile so can be contacted easily
- Be computer literate and be familiar with Microsoft Word and e mail packages
- Generally to be numerate and literate
- Have reasonable interpersonal skills
- Be honest and capable of working without direct supervision and show initiative
- Good time management skills
- Ability to undertake basic repair and maintenance tasks
- Ideally have previous experience of working in a building open to the public
Downloadable version of the advert